Otakus United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation: Calendar [Now with even more fairy tales!]

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Operation: Calendar [Now with even more fairy tales!] - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation: Calendar [Now with even more fairy tales!]

Post by Pluffers Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 am

psh... that's your OCD attitude going again! Uniformity is not really the case for everybody. And to avoid people from "tuning out the popular", just avoid any cliches. (Actually, cliches sell really well at cons)

Anyway... I suggest that we just keep the whole thing just the way it is. IT'S FINE.

*note* I just looked on the Costco Photo Center website, and you can put text and pictures on any day you like. for 1-99 calendars, they start at 7.49 for standard. Premium is 17.99 (its wtf expensive)
Pluffers
Pluffers

Back to top Go down

Operation: Calendar [Now with even more fairy tales!] - Page 2 Empty Re: Operation: Calendar [Now with even more fairy tales!]

Post by Dango! Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Umm, let me check with my dad. He knows people who do printing, so we might be able to get cheaper prints this year. Along with a cheaper calender. :3

Also.

Pluffers wrote:(Actually, cliches sell really well at cons)

Anyway... I suggest that we just keep the whole thing just the way it is. IT'S FINE.

QFT! [Quote for truth!] Believe it!
Dango!
Dango!
Admin

https://otakusunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dango! Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:57 pm

UPDATE: So it'll be cheaper if we do our own binding [seeing that we probably won't print more than 50]. But my dad's friend with his fancy printer can run our calendar pages off all pretty, like photo quality. So we can get our stuff printed there, and then go to Office Depot and bind it with their spiral bindings.

We may also get our prints done at my dad's friend's place for cheaper. But we'll have to see.
Dango!
Dango!
Admin

https://otakusunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kikoshi109 Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:58 am

Hey, sorry for the super duper late reply,

However I agree with Maria, where I feel they should be European fairy tales/myths/stories. I can imagine the whiplash I would get if I was browsing through the calendar.

So I'll switch out the Momotaro with either Jack and the Beanstalk or A Midsummer Night's Dream. (I wasn't too sure if I should do a Midsummer Night's Dream, but one of my friends suggested it and I wouldn't mind doing it, except I'm unsure if it counts as a "fairy tale"... its about fairies) xD?
kikoshi109
kikoshi109

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra-ooo Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:30 am

Well I'm glad at least one person has the capacity to comprehend what I'm saying. Smile
I think either of those would be perfectly fine, since we do have Alice in Wonderland as well. They'll fit in with everything else perfectly.

I'm also glad to see that there's still some work being done for this calendar!
It is quite a happy Thanksgiving indeed!
Ra-ooo
Ra-ooo

http://ra-ooo.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum