Otakus United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dango!'s Cosplay Thread

Go down

Dango!'s Cosplay Thread Empty Dango!'s Cosplay Thread

Post by Dango! Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:53 am

Introduction

My hobby is the cosplay. What is cosplay? To dress up as characters I love. :3 In other words, Halloween is everyday for me. xD If I wanted it to be.

This thread is kinda more for me, but you all can comment here too. xD It's a thread to document my process of cosplayers until... who knows when.

---

Table of Contents:

-Introduction [Here]
-Cosplays of 2010: Yumigami from Okami // Leafeon from Pokemon // Amulet Spade from Shugo Chara // Psychotic Russia from Hetalia
-Cosplays of 2011: Mei Kazami from Unity Aaiage // Taokaka from Blazblue
-Cosplays of 2012: Ravinia Joousama from Alice Parade ~ Futari no Arisu to Fushigi no Otome-tachi ~
-Cosplay Tips 101
-[R]
-[R]
-[R]

Last edited by Dango! on Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
Dango!
Dango!
Admin

https://otakusunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dango!'s Cosplay Thread Empty Re: Dango!'s Cosplay Thread

Post by Dango! Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:50 am

Cosplays of 2010

Yumigami from Okami:♚

Intro:
This was my first official cosplay. It debuted Halloween 2008 and lacked the appropriate top and a very rushed hammer. Later at Kawaii-Kon 2009, I re-did the top so that it was correct, got myself a wig, made better ears, and redid my hammer. My hammer was banned from Kawaii-Kon due to it being too heavy. After Kawaii-Kon 2010, I'll be retiring this costume.

Total Cost of Costume: Well over 150 dollars. 100 dollars was just for the hammer, the other money was for the cloth and fur.

Parts of the Costume:
-Wig [Originally a good 48 inches long, but then trimmed to about 20-ish inches for convenience purposes. I got about 2 feet of extensions out of it!]
-Sleeveless white kimono top with red trimming [V.2 of costume]
-Long white handkerchief skirt with red trim
-Anklets [Supposedly with tiny winglets on them, but I gave up with the costume]
-Arm warmers [Re-sewn about 3 times.]
-Ears [Redone once to be clipped on. One clip doesn't work so well so it falls off. >_> But at least wires don't dig into my skull anymore.]

♔♕♖♗♘♙

Leafeon (Gijinka) from Pokemon♛

Intro:
My baby of 2009. A gijinka is a humanized form of a non-human creature, in this case it's a Leafeon. Pants, belt and halter top were bought, but the shawl-piece was made out of a yard of cloth. The "map" on the back was made out of rolling up a stiff piece of thick cloth that used to be a laundry hamper/holder/thing. Ears were made out of Tea Leaves and paint. Tail was made out of a giant 5-7 foot leaf. The whip was made out of braiding about 15 strands of palm leaves.

Total Cost of Costume: About 70 dollars. 37 dollars for the wig from Coswrox. The rest went into the clothes. All accessories are made form nature.

Parts of the Costume:
-Wig [My first Cosworx wig. Only slight styling. The green curl was made from extra extensions I had from my Yumigami wig. Doubled as my Russia wig.]
-Green halter top
-Beige shawl [Printed with real leaves and acrylic paint]
-Beige men's shorts [Printed with real leaves and acrylic paint]
-Map [Made out of a laundry holder]
-Whip [Made out of braided palm fronds]
-Oversized belt
-Ears [Made out of tea leaves]
-Tail [Made out of a giant 5-7 foot leaf.]
-Anklets and bracelets [Random vines]

♚♛♜♝♞♟

Amulet Spade from Shugo Chara♛

Intro:
Something I was really inspired to do right after KK 2009, but my will to do it just died off. All I need to do is re-watch Shugo Chara and I'll be able to do it. xD Anyway, this is the most un-productive costume by far. I have done NOTHING by planning. D; FAIL.

Total Cost of Costume: Estimated at around 70-90 dollars. A really cheap costume since most of it will be bought. The most expensive bit would be the giant brush since I'll have to buy a giant PVC pipe.

Parts of the Costume:
-Giant brush
-Giant hat
-Giant spade for the hat
-Sleeveless shirt with ruffles
-Shorts and attachers
-Stockings
-Ribbon and tail

☭☭☭☮️☭☭☭

Psychotic Russia from Axis Powers Hetalia♛

Intro:
My "school cosplay" in two ways: 1) for the club and 2) to actually wear to school. Hawaii is hot, but Russia's costume is just a overcoat so I can wear it over my uniform. And my wig is blond so that's a natural color. xDD Psychotic Russia means there's going to be blood splatters.

Total Cost of Costume: Estimated about 50-70 dollars. Relatively cheap since I'll buy mostly everything. Fucking spigot.

Parts of the Costume:
-Wig [My first Cosworx wig. Only slight styling. Doubled as my Leafeon wig.]
-Beige overcoat [Lining done myself, coat bought. Clasps and badge are all made by me.]
-Long pants
-Boots
-Scarf [Made myself]
-Spigot [Wtf, so heavy]
-XS Condom box+candies

---

Table of Contents:

-Introduction
-Cosplays of 2010: Yumigami from Okami // Leafeon from Pokemon // Amulet Spade from Shugo Chara // Psychotic Russia from Hetalia [Here]
-Cosplays of 2011: Mei Kazami from Unity Aaiage // Taokaka from Blazblue
-Cosplays of 2012: Ravinia Joousama from Alice Parade ~ Futari no Arisu to Fushigi no Otome-tachi ~
-Cosplay Tips 101
-[R]
-[R]
-[R]
Dango!
Dango!
Admin

https://otakusunited.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dango!'s Cosplay Thread Empty Re: Dango!'s Cosplay Thread

Post by Dango! Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:24 am

Done: