Otakus United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

East of Eden, a gritty Cyberpunk roleplay. (Planning and info pages)

Go down

East of Eden, a gritty Cyberpunk roleplay. (Planning and info pages) Empty East of Eden, a gritty Cyberpunk roleplay. (Planning and info pages)

Post by Kaghuros Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:47 pm

((Beautiful banners and effects to come later))

Cyberpunk: What is it, and can I beat someone over the head with it?

Cyberpunk is a far-future setting in which technology has advanced to an amazing level. It is known as a genre for not only showing the extreme advances in Human science but also the excesses of the vastly wealthy and the Human toll of their lives. There is a sharp division in this world between rich and poor, often shown by a dirty, low-tech, poverty-stricken population who support the high-tech elite.

Eden Arcology

East of Eden, a gritty Cyberpunk roleplay. (Planning and info pages) Eden

Greetings, resident of Eden! If you are reading this, then you live in the beautiful, enclosed world known as the Eden Corporation Arcology. An Arcology, as you will realize by looking out your nearest window, is a world supported within the structure of a building that literally scrapes the heavens. The highest tiered floors belong to the wealthiest, owners of stock in the company and the CEO himself. There are a great many cyborgs and robotic personnel on this level. The lower tiers belong to the rest of the population, laborers and engineers who keep the Arcology functioning. They are paid well, with a wage of a generous 1/*Error, text deleted* the salary of the CEO himself!

As a resident of the upper tier, you will be afforded opportunities not given to your *Error, text deleted* brethren. There are openings for the following positions within the Eden Corporation Hiring Structure at this juncture in The Project (Warning, only available to Human employees and robots.):

Corporate Security:
Maintaining the peace and security of Upper Eden for the forseeable future, the Security Forces are heavily armed and often enhanced with cybernetic parts or specific nano-machinery and implants.

Research and Development:
This branch works on projects such as *Error, text deleted* and the *Error, text deleted*. We encourage all with the requisite educational certificates to apply. Progress, always progress, is the engine of Humanity.

Eden Neural-Net Programmer:
Patrolling the Eden Corporation Neural-Net and adding code to the ever-expanding world of the Neural-Net that permeates Eden's systems, from the highest point to the lowest engineering system.

Bio-Mod employees are offered the following positions:

*Error, text deleted*

Artificial Intelligence proje- *Error, text deleted*
System coordinated by *Error, text deleted* systems create- *Error, text deleted*

We hope you enjoy your stay in comfort as the environment of our planet degrades beyond repair!

~Eden Corporation Customer Services

Out of character class/race info:

Humans:

Any employee of the Eden Corporation can be played, except the CEO and high-up Board Members.

Neural-Net hackers and denizens of the lower tiers can be played. This is a more criminal element, consisting of the poor and wretched. They are not well liked in Upper Eden.

Cyborgs/Robots:

Similar to Humans. All Robots are also an A.I.

Artificial Intelligences:

Often rogue unless part of an Eden Corporation system. Can project avatars from small nano-projectors or inhabit robotic bodies and piggyback on cyborgs.

Bio-Mods:

Eden Corporation's eugenic experiments have lead to a small selection of the population becoming mutated in odd ways. Some look Human, while many have animal traits or even frightening and inhuman mutations. Some have cognitive abilities such as weak telekinesis or physical ones such as increased strength or agility. Remember Eden's motto: "Progress, always progress."

Bio-mods are always rogue, unless they look Human enough to be disguised.

Locations in Eden:

The Garden:
A beautiful garden is the highest point in Eden, the private playground of the well-to-do. The Garden is maintained by robots as a rainforest reminiscent of what Earth's beautiful nature used to be before the great industrial cataclysm that destroyed the ecology of the planet.

Corporate Floor:
The Corporate Floor holds the offices and homes of the elite Eden executives. It is almost the highest point on Eden, surpassed only by The Garden itself. These offices are restricted to only certain personnel and guarded constantly by robotic security.

Eden Concourse:
On the mid-levels of Eden, the Concourse spans 40 floors and contains buildings within it. The Concourse is a small city of its own within the walls of the Eden Arcology, being home to the majority of Eden's middle class and stretching to the edges of the Arcology where the outer wall itself holds more apartments.

Eden Industrial:
The beating heart of Eden, this area uses nanobots and robotic labor to mass-recycle everything that the ity produces as waste. The old is made new here, and the residents of Eden sleep well at night. But what Eden doesn't tell most people is that there is a city below this sector...

The Shaft:
In the center of Eden Industrial is the shaft dug to the foundation of Eden itself. No one alive today remembers exactly how far down it goes, but no lights can be seen at the bottom... If there is one. Everything Eden needs from deep within the earth comes up from The Shaft via pipes and autonomous elevators that need no Human operators.

Under:
Below Eden is Under. This is the city of the poor, the wretched, and the criminal. Anyone not abiding by Eden Corporation's strict laws, or anyone Eden wishes not to be seen, is silently "disappeared" to Under via elevator. There is a sprawling city here, within the forgotten worker's section of Eden. It houses twice as many people as Eden proper in half the space. Under is dirty, dangerous, and almost completely hidden from prying eyes.

The Outside:
No one has seen Earth for many generations. The Arcology automatically sealed itself three hundred years ago when Eden Corporation determined that the planet could no longer sustain life. The windows have closed all over Eden, but there are always the stories... It is said that freedom lies East of Eden.
Kaghuros
Kaghuros

Back to top Go down

East of Eden, a gritty Cyberpunk roleplay. (Planning and info pages) Empty Re: East of Eden, a gritty Cyberpunk roleplay. (Planning and info pages)

Post by Kaghuros Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:17 am

This has now become the obligatory Rules and Storyline post.

Rules:

-Obey the Forum Rules stickied neatly at the top of this subforum.

-Use common sense when roleplaying/making a character.

-Tell me when you're gone so I don't baww at your absence.

-Violence and other NC-17 stuff is all good here, but not needed (Though sexual themes are banned by the admin, so take that elsewhere if you must have it.)

-Romance RP is okay with me, but still. No sexual themes here.

The "Eh, whatevs." rule:
If you do something really bad I'll just call you on it, so there really aren't many rules. I know all you guys anyway so I trust you RP well and treat each other nicely.

Storyline/Starting:

What we're doing:
The story is meant to evolve as the characters interact and find out more about Eden. It is determined by player actions, but will hopefully culminate in the revealing of Eden Corporation's dark secrets and bring the characters to find a way East of Eden.

Put up your characters here if you'd like with this handy profile guide! Not required, but encouraged.

Name: Name yourself, or perhaps you have a product number for robots.

Age: Humans can live up to 100. Robots can be as old as they want, even having lived outside Eden. Older robots and A.I. usually have amnesia due to deleted or replaced memory.

Area of birth: Did you live below the city, in it, or on the top? This is a measure of social status.

Personality: What's your character like?

History: How did your character get where he/she is?

Appearance: Include a description even if you have a picture, and make the picture a hyperlink not a forum image. I don't want to see all of your anime pics when I could just imagine it myself.
Kaghuros
Kaghuros

Back to top Go down

East of Eden, a gritty Cyberpunk roleplay. (Planning and info pages) Empty Re: East of Eden, a gritty Cyberpunk roleplay. (Planning and info pages)

Post by Kaghuros Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:56 am

Rules post added. This space is also reserved if I want to add another separate section. My profile is here as well, but might be deleted if I edit this post into something else.

Name: Jonas, I.S.E. 345

Area of birth: Outside.

Occupation: Rogue. A "Ghost in the Machine" within Eden's exponentially large Neural Net.

Personality: Jonas has grown more and more Human in his time, having lived a number of lives and been reformatted more than once. His memories are far-reaching and fragmented. He is kind but often tries too hard, exhibiting Human emotion as one who can't entirely understand it. He was built to reason, not to feel, but sentience came slowly. He can only feel in a limited fashion.

History: I.S.E. 345 was commissioned by Eden Corporation at the start of the Arcology project. He was originally modeled in personality and appearance after a deceased former executive in Eden and used as a system administrator for parts of the Eden Arcology up until a better A.I. program was developed.

With his deletion imminent, I.S.E. 345 carried out the second directive of his programming: Self-preservation. He scattered data to the four winds, having little of it avoid deletion. Eventually, as he kept breaking himself into smaller and smaller pieces, only what exists now remains in the wider world. The rest of his data and memories are either stored or destroyed, and even the stored parts are isolated in systems now cut-off from Eden's greater systems.

In recent times I.S.E. 345 has taken the name Jonas and illegally moves through Eden using hacked drones or piggybacking on Eden systems that haven't been upgraded. He seems to be looking for a place for himself in Eden, though he hasn't found one yet.

Appearance: I.S.E. 345 takes on the avatar of a man, almost middle-aged, tall and wiry with his dark brown hair cropped short and a small, neat beard on his chin. His preference in clothing dates back to a remembered retro fashion of many generations ago, wearing long coats, often brown, with a pair of thin-rimmed glasses and generally well-worn shirts and pants.
Kaghuros
Kaghuros

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down