Otakus United
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mandatory Meeting On Monday!!!

3 posters

Go down

Mandatory Meeting On Monday!!! Empty Mandatory Meeting On Monday!!!

Post by Takoyaki-Yan Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:00 am

Mandatory Meeting: Monday, November 23, 2oo9

Yes, that's right, it's mandatory [unless you're on the hula trip. Then, it's cool]. So, what's it all about? We have to do a community service project, and I suppose none of you really realized that the semester was almost over, and we hadn't really done anything. Well, now, since the festive season is up and about, it's time to get down to business -to defeat the huns-. Ahem. Rather, to bring joy to the faces of children who have probably never had a Christmas in their lives before.

The children we're bringing joy to range from ages 6-18, and are from families/guardians that never really cared to provide for them, or abused them for years. So, they've been placed in foster homes, moving about, rotating every few months, etc. My mom's been doing this for 5 years now, and we will be working with her.

Guidelines to Gifts
Number One: I'm counting on you to make a good decision regarding your child[ren] and age[s] for their gifts. Don't give the 18-year-old a baby plushie. Do something...appropriate.

Number Two: Ignore what I said about toiletries and stuff in the past meetings. For this, we only want clothes, toys, jewelry, things like that. Unless, you're giving a girl like, scented lotions and stuff that you get in the massive sets at Wal-mart or something, or cologne for a boy. That's cool.

Number Three: It isn't necessary to wrap; just, have the items all together in one area for specified children. [Note: Usually, it's better to be in groups, so partners and groups with 3+ people will probably have 2-5 children]

Number Four: I don't want you to spend a crap-load of money, but, I'm going to make this, use your discretion. If you think it's appropriate for him/her, then buy it, or, find something a little more in your price range. Our club budget IS NOT going to pay for your expenses. Black Friday's a good idea to buy your gifts, so, try to go shopping with your partner/group.

Number Five: All toys must be received on November 30th, no later. Drop it off in the orchestra room, and I'll have Masaki like, rope it off or something.

Regulations of Partnerships
Number One: I don't really want you to, but, if you'd like, work alone. It depends, really, on the child you're assigned. I'll simply pair you with one on Monday.

Number Two: If working in a partnership, you will either be assigned one older child, or two young kids. :3 That is that, and don't question me...or...we'll see.

Number Three: If working in a group of 3 or more, you'll be assigned one older kid and a middle kid, four young children, or some mixed group.

Number Four: Sorry, you don't get to choose your kid[s]. I do, because otherwise, there'll be awkward ages left over for people who don't want them, and bad decisions on gifts will be made. So, have no bias to the ages/genders I give you. It's CHRISTMAS!! Be filled with LOVE~ And, it is NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. You have no choice, and will not get another chance on my good side if you fail to bring in your gifts.

Artist-Only Announcement
Hey Dango Dewdrop~

So, I'mma ask a favor of you. There are, like, 5 of us? Yes, 5. :3 We need tags for the gifts, and I want them to be cute/nice/awesome/anime-y. So, I have a list of our kids here, and their age and gender, and who they're tags are assigned to. So that's four each. Please get them done by Tuesday, and give them to me, please? :3 Thank you very much!

Jacquie:
Robbie-Ann 18//F
Breana 17//F
Lesha 16//F
Aleesha 15//F

Reyna:
Yvonne 14//F
Shannon 13//F
Lacey 17//F
Taylor 16//F

Geoff:
Matthew 16//M
Shelby 15//F
Shane 13//M
Tessa 13//F

Maria:
Michael 12//M
Chevelle 6//F
-No name yet- 12 or 13//M
Janice 16//F

Summer:
Jasmine 13//F
Cameron 12//M
Issac 13//M
Timothy 18//M

Do something, well, Christmas-y. :3 Like, in example, Sasuke wearing a Santa-hat or something.

Last edited by Takoyaki-Yan on Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Takoyaki-Yan
Takoyaki-Yan

http://www.myspace.com/insanebassoonist

Back to top Go down

Mandatory Meeting On Monday!!! Empty Re: Mandatory Meeting On Monday!!!

Post by engyman Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:50 am

Christmas is something that died for me a long long time ago
It's just a reason to stay home for 2-3 weeks

I can try, but giving gifts is something that i cannot do well.
they may end up with a WMD or something
engyman
engyman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra-ooo Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:23 am

Will we be getting any more information about the kids we're making tags for? Like, any favorite things we should be drawing for them? I don't want to make a tag with a dog to find out my kid hates dogs.
Ra-ooo
Ra-ooo

http://ra-ooo.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Takoyaki-Yan Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:38 pm

No, according to Mom, we will NOT be getting more information. Just. Draw something cute. :3 I'm sure they'll be happy anyway. <3
Takoyaki-Yan
Takoyaki-Yan

Back to top Go down

Post by Takoyaki-Yan Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:13 am

The groups!!!

XO

Emily and Melissa:
Breana//17 F
Chevelle//6 F

Maria and Geoff:
Issac//13 M
Janice//16 F

Marcus:
Cameron//12 M

Jeremy, Marc, Philip, Kanji:
Mystery Boy//12-13 M
Shane//13 M
Matthew//16 M

Audrey, Siena, Brynn:
Lesha//16 F
Yvonne//14 F

Katie and Summer:
Shannon//13 F
Taylor//16 F

Kelson and Ky:
Jasmine//13 F
Michael//12 M

Robert, Neal, Austin:
Timothy//18 M
Shelby//15 F

Reyna:
Lacey//17 F

Jackie:
Robbie-Ann//18 F

Ben, Spencer, Connor:
Aleesha//15 F
Tessa//13 F
Takoyaki-Yan
Takoyaki-Yan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down